Monday, April 24, 2017

Blog: Wiki So Far

So far to contribute to the WIKI I have been doing research on the topics and sections I am planning to add more information to. As of now I have been researching more on how social media had negatively impacted the personal and professional lives of people. I am also researching on the marketing aspect of social media and how it has helped the economy positively and also talk more about how it has concerned privacy. I will also be adding about how different social media sites are different and unique in their own way and have different purposes for example Snapchat is for sharing pictures in the moment whereas Facebook is used as an online journal. Soon after I am done with more of my research I will be adding my information to the WIKI hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Farzana, your research is very intriguing and is relatable. New media plays a huge role in the world due to its large platform. Social media can have both negative and positive effects on the personal and professional lives of others. Today, everyone seems to spend hours and hours on their phone or computer instead of having face to face interactions. This can have a negative impact because it can make one lazy or push someone towards becoming antisocial. On the other hand, social media proves to be beneficial in the professional industry because it allows one to easily connect with business professionals through websites such as LinkedIn. Twitter is also a great resource in searching for jobs because you can easily search up hashtags related to the company you are interested in applying for. Overall, I look forward to reading your Wiki Contributions.

    ReplyDelete